Buying a home is a huge step to take. B... [read more]
Motorcycle Insurance Quote
Motorcycles are the essence of freedom. There may be no better sensation than cruising with nothing between you and the open road. In fact, many people have made the claim that riding a motorcycle is the closest you will ever feel to flying. Unfortunately, with all the freedom that riding a motorcycle brings, there is also much more danger. With less protection comes a greater responsibility to be more aware of the vehicles around you and to keep yourself as protected as possible. And one of the most important protections you should consider is motorcycle insurance.What is motorcycle Insurance?
This is one of the most often asked questions by young and experienced riders alike. While most people have motorcycle insurance because it is required by law, many people do not have a basic understanding of how it is similar and very different from standard automobile insurance policies.
Technically, there is no difference between motorcycle insurance and standard car insurance other than the cost. Motorcycle insurance is much cheaper than car insurance for one basic reason. If you are involved in a collision, the motorcycle you are riding will cost the insurance company much less in regards to damage to the other vehicle. There are some other minor differences, however, that insurance companies look for when quoting a motorcycle insurance policy. They will look at the rider's age, experience, number of citations, whether the rider wears a helmet and other safety equipment and how often the bike is ridden every year.
Other factors that could affect your motorcycle insurance include:
- Sport Bike Insurance - It is a fact that riders on sport bikes, or crotch rockets, are involved in far more accidents than the average rider. Sport bikes are built similar to track bikes, with some able to reach speeds of 200 mph. Riders are often tempted to show off their motorcycles performance and insurance companies consider this when quoting motorcycle insurance.
- Harley Davidson Insurance - You would think that owning a Harley would actually give you a lower motorcycle insurance premium than standard bikes. They are slower than the average sport bike and the riders tend to be older and more experienced. The truth is that motorcycle insurance on Harley Davidson's is much higher than the average bike for a few reasons.
- Harley's are more expensive. If you own a $25,000 motorcycle, you are more likely to put in a claim for a minor tip in a parking lot.
- Theft. Harley Davidson's are more desirable to thieves and pose a greater risk of being stolen.
- Drunk riding. While it may not be accurate, Harley's are known as the bar scene bike, and motorcycle insurance companies take this into consideration, expecting more riders of Harley Davidson's to ride after a few beers.
These are some of the many factors that insurance companies consider when producing a quote for motorcycle insurance. When you're ready to purchase motorcycle insurance, visit InsuranceQuote.com - your online source for all your insurance needs. Whether you are looking for auto and motorcycle insurance, health insurance, home owner's insurance or a combination policy, InsuranceQuote.com is available 24 hours a day/365 days a year, bringing you multiple low-cost quotes from top insurance companies so you can find the best deal for you.