Buying a home is a huge step to take. B... [read more]
Motorcycle Insurance Quotes
The insurance business is a business of accessing risks. Whenever an insurance company issues an insurance policy, whether it is health insurance or motorcycle insurance, they are taking the risk that the insured party will file a claim that will cause them to lose money. When you are given a motorcycle insurance quote by an insurance company they have taken a number of risk factors about you and your motorcycle into consideration. Some of the factors insurance companies look at when offering a motorcycle insurance quote include:Your Motorcycle
Whether you own a brand new Harley Davidson or a 1982 Yamaha that you rebuilt from the ground up, every motorcycle poses a certain amount of risk and these risks will be reflected in your motorcycle insurance quote.
- The bikes age. That 1977 Yamaha poses a far greater risk than that brand new Harley or Sport Bike and this will be reflected in your motorcycle insurance quote.
- Size. When it comes to your motorcycle insurance quote, bigger is definitely not better. A huge 1500cc motorcycle is considered to be a far greater risk than that 700cc scooter you have sitting in the driveway.
- The Value. It is just common sense to assume that a motorcycle you spent $25,000 for will be a far greater risk to the insurance company than the one you bought at the auction for $500.
- Modifications. When you make modifications or tuning adjustments, insurance companies see this as a greater than normal risk and the extra risk will be reflected in your motorcycle insurance quote.
Along with the age of the motorcycle, your age and other factors are considered when the insurance company provides you with a motorcycle insurance quote.
- Your age. As with all types of vehicle insurance, the younger you are, the more of a risk you pose to the motorcycle insurance company.
- Your experience. The longer you have been riding, the lower risk you will pose to the insurance company and this will be reflected in your motorcycle insurance quote.
- Your driving record. The number of accidents and tickets you have had will increase the risk you pose to the motorcycle insurance company.
- Location, location, location. A motorcycle parked safely in your garage poses a much smaller risk to insurance companies than one parked on a busy street in downtown Manhattan every night.
These are some of the factors that motorcycle insurance companies take into consideration when giving you a motorcycle insurance quote. There are a few things you can do to keep your insurance premiums lower, such as wearing proper safety attire, paying attention to traffic laws and buying an alarm for your bike. One of the easiest ways to save on your motorcycle insurance, however, is by shopping and comparing online with InsuranceQuote.com. InsuranceQuote.com is your one-stop-shop for all your insurance needs. After answering a few easy questions, InsuranceQuote.com will search highly reputable insurance companies and find you multiple low-cost motorcycle insurance quotes, allowing you to choose the policy that's right for you.