Buying a home is a huge step to take. B... [read more]
Car Insurance RatesTips for Lowering your Car Insurance Rates
Saving money is important to everyone. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to help lower the car insurance quotes you receive from insurance companies. While following these simple steps, you can drastically lower your car insurance rates, allowing you more disposable income for other important purchases.
- Maintain your Credit - Poor credit can have a very negative effect on your car insurance rates. Working to maintain or improve your credit can help you save big bucks when it comes to auto insurance.
- Reduce Coverage on Older Vehicles - If you own your vehicle, you may want to reduce the amount of insurance coverage you have. You may want to consider dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on older cars, especially if the value of the vehicle is less than 10 times the premium.
- Higher Deductibles - Increasing the deductibles you pay before your auto insurance takes over can drastically reduce the insurance premiums you pay. By increasing your deductible from $200 to $500, you could reduce your car insurance rates by as much as 30%.
- Combine your Policies - Combining your auto, home and health insurance policies can help reduce the overall premiums you pay. Most insurance companies will offer discounted rates if you choose to have all your insurance policies under one roof.
- Use Anti-Devices - Auto insurance companies love safety. Not only will installing a car alarm or other anti-theft device help reduce your car insurance rates, it will lessen the chances of your car being stolen or vandalized as well.
- Take a Safety Class - Taking a driver safety course is an easy and great way to lower your car insurance rates, especially if you have been involved in a automobile accident.
Using some or all of these tips will help greatly reduce the car insurance rates you receive. Another great way to save is by shopping for car insurance rates online. InsuranceQuote.com allows our customers to find the multiple low-cost car insurance quotes online in a matter of minutes. Get a quote today to find the best deal on all your insurance needs.